Basic Lymphatic Massage (aka Lymphatic Drainage)
September 15-17, 2017
9:00-5:30 each day
Instructor: Ellen Gayle Sovinee
Early Registration – $369
After September 8th – Registration $389
Basic Lymphatic Massage aka Lymphatic Drainage
Day one: A/P of the Lymphatic System including its relation to other systems especially the Immune System; location of the major nodes, superficial and deep lymphatics.
Learning and Observing (i.e.palpation, rhythm, frequency and direction of flow)
Upper Extremities (face, neck,).
Day two: Upper Extremities: (chest, lymphatic breast care, arms and hands)
Day three: Lower Extremities:deep and superficial nodes of the abdomen, legs and feet. After Demo, students will practice giving an entire lymphatic massage session.
• Helps remove metabolic wastes and reduces swelling
• Helps with healing after surgery
• Improves the function of the immune system and increase the production of antibodies to fight off infections
• Reduce inflammation in the body that causes diseases such as arthritis
• Reduces pain and stress and promotes general vitality and well being
• Improves skin conditions
• Regeneration of tissues
What to Bring: Students need to bring or wear sports bra, sheets, blankets. Dress comfortably
Instructor: Ellen Gayle Sovinee (NCBTMB Board Approved CE Provider #450498-07) initial trained using the Vodder Method and then trained and teacher assisted using the Chikly Method. www.holisticsymmetry.com
We are a fully furnished massage school facility and provide Oakworks massage tables, class tables, and computer/projector for overhead presentations.